The "First" UMW Ladies Group is sponsoring this special event to "ALL" Ladies in the surrounding Community......
WHAT: Deaconess Breast Services - Mobile Breast Coach
WHEN: Wednesday, August 29th - 8:00am to 1:00pm
(For Mammogram Screening)
WHERE: First United Methodist Church
601 Main Street, (North parking lot)
Mount Vernon, IN
Eligibility Requirements for Annual Mammograms on the Mobile Coach:
* Must be a woman age 40 or older. A physician referral is not required but you must have a physician for reporting purposes.
* Must be one year since your last mammogram.
* Must not be pregnant or breastfeeding.
* No new breast lumps or concerns. Patients should promptly contact their physician for evaluation if experiencing breast problems.
* Must be able to go up and down stairs to enter and exit the coach.
Helpful Information About Your Mammogram:
* Do not use powder or deodorant in the underarm area or on your breasts. This could create a misleading examination result. You will be asked to undress from the waist up for the mammogram, so it may be more comfortable to wear slacks or a skirt, rather than a dress.
* To protect your privacy and comfort, a professional team consists of women only operate the mobile breast center. A female technologist will take a brief history prior to the exam. The entire process usually takes about 15 minutes.
* After your mammogram has been reviewed by a radiologist, your personal doctor will received a report of the findings and your results will be available in your MyChart account and mailed to your home address. If you don't have a MyChart account, please ask the technologist for more information.
Cost and Financial Assistance
An annual screening mammogram is covered by most insurance companies. For your convenience, we will file a claim with your insurance provider on your behalf. if you do not have insurance you can still receive a screening - thanks to dedicated grants and other fundraising efforts.
SCHEDULE A SCREENING MAMMOGRAM
ON THE MOBILE BREAST CENTER COACH:
FOR MORE INFORMATION: